While publicly claiming to wage war on poverty, progressives have successfully attacked religion, marriage and families. Is it a coincidence that half a century after the war on poverty, we still have a high poverty rate but also have abortion on demand, redefined marriage, endless entitlements and increasing assaults on religion? Were these the goals all along?
- Star Parker uses her experiences living on welfare to describe how long-term reliance on welfare can be harmful to families and the individual
- Progressives and modern feminists have waged three wars on America: a War on Religion, War on Marriage, and War on Poverty
- All three have weakened American society leading to an abundance of poverty, welfare and entitlement programs, especially harming certain minority communities, and have ironically weakened women’s standing in society
- Brookings Institute’s Ron Haskins on poverty and marriage
- CURE: The Center for Urban Renewal and Education
- Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex & Feminism — By Carrie Lukas